Description of astrological exchange CALIF formatCALIF - (Common AstroLogical Interchange Format).
It is designed for the exchange of astrological data between astrology programs. Moreover, the astrological data refer not only to conventional data as date, time, coordinates and time offsets. This concept for CALIF format is much broader, as it allows to transfer any data that is used not only in the present, but also those what will ever be integrated in the astrology programs. In other words, this format is very flexible and easily adaptable to any data. So, this format supports the associated charts that allows to automate the process of rectification and prognostics.
DataWorker program, which, among other things, imports and exports data, will convert data from CALIF format to a format that is available for use.
Attention! Astrological data exchange is possible if the program supports this format. To integrate (create) the format in another program, the site presents a fairly detailed description of the format, storage schemes and examples of its use.
Page contains description of exchange CALIF format
- General description of exchange CALIF format
- Benefits of CALIF format use
- Informational elements of records set
- Set structure elements (records)
- Record data elements (in a set)
- Load (Download)
- Frequently Asked Questions on CALIF format
General description of exchange CALIF format
The format is an XML-file with a random name and tags defined by a given storage scheme.
- exchange file of XML format allows you to describe any tree structure of the database records;
- encoding data files: UTF-8;
- informational elements of records set uniquely identify this format and its set of records;
- structure elements determine the structure of the whole set and its records (charts or events).
- record elements describe the content of a single record (charts or events).
Benefits of CALIF format useTo view large pictures, please, mouse click on picture.
- It allows to organize the data storage in a tree like structure with any configuration of folders.
- It can manipulate the private parameters that are specific to a particular program.
- It allows to automate the astrological analysis, search for charts and events by a number of attributes (type of chart, accuracy of events, themes of querent and quesited, relate events with basic natal chart, analyze the quantity (eg, changes in exchange rates for a particular stock exchange), etc.).
- It does not depend on the data storage formats (date-time, coordinates, mark of time correction, etc.) specific to a particular country or community of astrologers.
- Easily extended. It allows to enter new data extensions used only by a specific program.
- It supports all languages and does not depend on the national encoding (uses UNICODE).
- It is open and easy in realization due to XML.
Informational elements of records setThese elements carry the information content of each set of records.
|Element||Description||Format, remarks||Variants, exampples|
|fsign||Format signature||The format signature is required to identify the format of the file.||CALIF_DataFormat|
|fver||Version of format||YYYYMMDD||20140707|
|utctag||Attribute of direction of UTC offset||In Russia and Europe it is considered to use positive offsets from UTC to the east of Greenwich, and in the USA vice versa||P - plus east of Greenwich
N - negative east of Greenwich
|nameset||The name of the data set||SSS...SSS. Any string of characters available||Test example|
|dtset||Date of formation of a dataset||YYYYMMDDHHMISS (year-month-day-hour-minutes-seconds)||20140707211317|
|totrec||The number of records in the set||It describes a number of records of a given set||739|
|author||Information about an author of the data set selection||Astrologer-compiler of the data set/link to a page on the Internet||Astroman|
|...||other attributes||To be entered if required||...|
Set structure elements (records)These elements define the structure of the whole set and its records.
|recset||The element of the whole records set||The root element of a set of exchange file records.
Container file all records exchange.
|rec||The element of one record from a set||The root element of each entry.
Record container with a map or event data
|nkeys||The element of a set of linkst of an event chart to natal charts||The root element of a set of links of each record to natal charts that gave rise to this event||<nkeys></nkeys>|
Record data elements (in a set)These elements describe the contents of each record (chart or event) related to the set.
|Element||Description||Format, remark||Variants, examples||Need|
|rkey||A unique record key||A record can be either a chart or a folder. A key is to uniquely identify each record. GUID is recommended to use as a key||7AA8AC13A2F947CC82470CCBEE0B4700||V|
|pkey||The unique key of a parent record||Only a folder can only be a parent record. A key is to uniquely identify each record. GUID is recommended to use as a key||A73B273FF6094B14972F01FDD383320E||V|
|rtag||Record type attribute||S
It describes the type of a record as a folder or chart
|F - folder
D - chart
|name||Chart name(name, event, question etc.||SSS...SSS
Any string of characters available
|Birthday of Vladimir Visotskiy||V|
25 january 1938, 9 hours 34 minutes 0 seconds
|delta||Time offset of UTC||NHHMISS (sign-hour-minutes-seconds)
Taking into account the direction attribute of UTC corrections in recordset attributes
|+030000 - UTC+3 hours (to east)
+053017 - UTC+5:30:17 (to east)
-010000 - UTC-1 hour (to west)
|554500N - 55°45'00" N
000001S - 0°0'1" S
|0373700E - 37°37'00" E
0070101W - 7°1'1" W
0000000E - 0°0'0" E
|place||Text description of the place||SSS...SSS
Arbitrary name of chart (event) place
|Moscow (Moscow region)||-|
Free text for the chart (events)
|rectification by Astroman||-|
|ctag||Attribute of chart||S
Sign describing the type of chart
|0 - undefined
N - natal chart
E - event
H - horar chart
|thems||Theme (s) of a chart||NNMM
Theme (s) of a chart for events and themes of querent-quesited for a horary chart
|0000 - for natal chart
0500 - event theme 5
0107 - querent theme 1, quesited theme 7
Gender attribute for a natal chart
|0 - (zero) undefined
M - male
F - female
|prectag||Accuracy character of a chart||S
It describes the accuracy of chart date-time
|For natal chart:
0 - undefined
K - comogramm
N - chart is not rectified
R - chart is rectified
0 - (zero) undefined
P - exactly
M - minutes
H - hours
D - days
W - weeks
Y - months
|rpic||Link to the photo file||SSS...SSS
relative file name and extension
|vvisockiy.png - file is located in the folder with XML-file
img\vvisockiy.png - file is located in the folder IMG, which is located with XML-file
|nkey||A unique record key of a natal chart||It is intended to indicate a natal chart that gave rise to this event. It is used for the automated analysis of events and charts.||A73B273FF6094B14972F01FDD383320E||-|
|fval||The value for the analysis||N.M (N: the integer part, M: the fractional part)
It is used in the case of automated analysis of events and charts. For example, the value of currency exchange rate for a settlement on the specified date.
|...||other attributes||other private attributes that can be used by a specific program||...||...|